Monday 25 October 2010

TRUE STORIES


Today is the start of a new e-course, 'True Stories'. I am rather addicted to Shimelle's courses and am learning so much from them. This one is different from others I've enrolled on. This one focus's on writing, something I love to do. But most of my writing these days is work related and as much as I like the idea of adding journalling to my scrapbook pages and mini albums I'm not really sure how to go about it in a way that is meaningful. I've even got a couple of projects half finished so I hope this course will liberate , challenge and inspire me. Shimelle encourages you to take a pen and paper for this course. She's quite right, while I love my computer it can not replace the feel and look of a beautiful pen, and the tactile cover and pages of a book. Like many others I love stationary, am often tempted into buying notebooks that I do not need, and so it is really good to put one of them to use. I love the pink one with the embroidered satin cover, but for this course I think I will choose the floral one. I have piles of pens, but for this course I think I will treat myself to one that is a bit more special. Tomorrow I will go to the shop and as I have to use black ink at work, I will choose one that is NOT black.
Shimelle reminds me that typing and writing by hand are completely different processes to the brain. I have missed writing in a notebook. I am looking forward to doing this again.
If you want to know more about the course go to
http://www.shimelle.com/

I'll let you know how it goes!

6 comments:

  1. I agree that "doing" is how unwinding comes easiest. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of your journals. I have a little stack of them waiting to be used also! "See" you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your journals are so lovely! Like you, I've also missed the feeling of writing in a notebook. Typing may be quicker and (often) more convenient but ... it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love notebooks :-) I keep stacks of them on standby. It seems that whenever I'm down or stressed I fnd myself stationery shopping. The problem is I never want to spoil them by writing in them :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for popping in & I look forward to seeing you in class.
    Donna - I know exactly what you mean about writing in the notebooks. I just collect them for something special but on this occasion I thought the reason was special enough :-)
    I've cut the bookplate and added it to my cover, and on my way to buy my pen. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, and i could not agree more with you. There is just something about a journal and a pen that a computer keyboard cannot come close to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...