Thursday, 21 August 2014


Last time I showed ways of making pockets, using envelopes and other stationary.  This time I will show how to decorate some of your pages using quick and easy techniques using Dylusion spray inks.  But first here's another pocket, using a 12x12 sheet of paper.

First, fold your sheet into half.  Turn and fold into thirds as shown below. 
Turn each corner in.

With corners turned, fold in the sides.
Now,  fold under, in half.  You have a pocket each side and a nice sturdy page.
  In addition, you could add double sided tape and secure the two halves
 to form another pocket in between, with top or side opening.

 So let's look at other ways of making pockets and decorated pages.  In my last post here 
I showed a page made from a card envelope.  You will be familiar with these if you buy books online.  As I had to reduce the height of the page I had to reseal it.  I decided to add a strip from a file folder so I glued this inside, and folded the excess up and over.

I used double sided tape on the two outer edges,  leaving the top open to form
an additional pocket.  The side of the page provides larger storage space.

I then used Dylusions ink spray to add some colour to the pocket.
I may add more detail or leave this for the recipient.

I love spray ink as they are quick and easy to use, and they make an immediate impact.  I always cover my work surface with plastic covering and use a large sheet of paper to collect the excess ink as it is sprayed.  Interesting patterns and colours form and later I will cut up this sheet and use it as pages in the journal, or as decoration. 
Here's some pages from a book. 
You can see some of the sheet of paper and the colour starting to form.

This time I sprayed a window envelope.  I then turned it face down onto the sheet of paper and because the ink does not absorb into the cellophane it was transferred.  Can you see the imprint?!  A quick wipe with kitchen roll left the window clear. 
A quick spray on the reverse means I have a colourful page.  The wrinkles soon dry out!
At the top of the photo you can see another envelope that I used to mop up some of the excess ink.  You will see this again in a moment.
Next I took a sheet of adhesive labels and sprayed those. 
Can you see how colourful this  background sheet is becoming?
And remember the envelope I used to 'mop up' some of the ink? 
Well there it is with some of those adhesive labels.  I could have added more ink or
colour but I quite liked the subtle effect.  Sometimes it is good to rest the eye.
And on the reverse I stuck more labels.  Once more, I may come
back and add some more decoration, or leave it for someone else.

So that's it for now.  Next time I will show you more of my pages and ways I have decorated them, and Deb, who is taking part in the Swap, will be sharing the story about what inspired her journal.  So I hope to catch up with you soon and thank you for visiting.  By the way:

There is still time to join in the Junk Journal Swap!!
You can find more about it here.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...