Thursday 12 October 2017

5 in 5 - October 2017 - Melanie




Melanie is my friend who lives in Australia and she loves photography.  Every month since the start of this challenge Melanie has taken part in this monthly meme and as she doesn't have her own blog I post here. I love that we have found a way for her to take part. Over to you Melanie:



A 5 in 5 photo this month is of photos taken down by the River Murray in Goolwa.  Goolwa is at the mouth of the River.  The river spans three states starting its life in New South Wales it goes through Victoria before flowing into South Australia.  As you may tell from the photos the River is popular with pelicans. The pelican is a favourite bird of mine and I always take lots of photos of them when I see them..  I took a walk along the Goolwa wharf after breakfast and the pelicans I saw were having a lazy morning with many of them sitting on small the small jetties preening themselves or sleeping.  Only two of them were swimming and I haven’t included those two in my collage.   The middle photo of my collage shows one of the small jetties with the river bank covered in gazanias.  The gazania is a South African plant and many places in South Australia remove them since they are not native.  Not so in Goolwa though where the banks of the river are covered with them and the nearby railway line has them growing alongside the tracks.  They look so beautiful and come in many different colours.  I took another photo not within my five minute time slot which gives a good example of their colours so thought I would include that as well. Hope you enjoy seeing my 5 in 5 and the colours of the gazania.



As always, thank you Melanie! I love hearing about the different places that you visit.

I am really excited this month as Melanie is planning a brief trip to UK to visit family and I hope to see her, if time allows. She has a tight schedule and will be travelling, so fingers crossed our paths will meet!


Thanks for popping by and I look forward to another post from Melanie next month. 

If this has inspired you to pick up your camera and join in please go to the original post where you will also find out how to link in.


And to find out more about this monthly photo challenge, and how this started, please go to this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...