I was initially very unsure about setting up a blog, but I'm so glad that I did. I've made lots of new friends, some who I occasionally meet face to face as well as in blogland. And some are joining me in my first Blog Hop..... I feel so honoured and privileged. THANK YOU - you know who you are!!
And here are some of the firsts I celebrated a long the way. For this has all been a learning curve and I now see that my blog has become another way to create and develop. I am linking back to posts in case you want the option of dipping in, so let's start:
1. It felt like a risk when I organised a Poll and a Giveaway. But it turned out really special when winner, Natasha, used one of the tags I made in her artwork and posted it on her blog. I had the biggest smile on my face when I saw it!
2. I did an on line course and was encouraged to join the blogging world in order to share my creative work and to meet other people. This is my first post.
3. My first residential was an amazing experience and we created from dawn to midnight. I'm going again in October. I can't wait!
4. I made my first scrapbook page. Handmade books and mini albums are my first love, but I like scrapbook techniques and I LOVE some of the pages I have made during the year in taught classes at my monthly Eclectic Keepsake group.
5. I had a first meeting with Moira. We met through 'Taking Flight' the online course that introduced me to blogging. As as well as becoming a friend Moira also runs the residential workshop that I attend.
6. I posted my first video. If you ever doubt yourself or your capability, just watch this.
7. I took part in my first Blog Hop & won a giveaway!! I couldn't believe my luck and had such fun visiting new blogs.
8. My first online swap, where I exchanged a handmade gift as part of Louise Gale's Creative Colour Challenge.
9. I took part in my first interview. This was part of an online course where we were encouraged to think about different styles of writing and to interview our self!
10. And finally, this is the first Blog Hop I have organised... so let's not waste any more time and let the fun begin!
HOW TO PLAY:
Listed below are names of those taking part.
Visit each blog in turn, and you will be directed to the next person on the list. If you 'get lost' don't worry - just come back here and pick up the thread.
As you visit each blog, look out for a letter.
There are 12 to collect. When you have them all, rearrange them to make one word. Then come back here and leave the word in a comment.
I am offering a GIVEAWAY as a thank you for taking part, and will randomly pick a name from the correct answers on Thursday 23rd.
Of course you are welcome to leave a comment without collecting the letters. I LOVE receiving comments, as these always brighten my day!
This is the start, so have fun & I hope to see you back here at the end. And don't forget, this is where you pick up the thread if you get lost or have joined part way.
Let's start hopping!!
Your first letter is : C
1. Sandie (you are here!)