Saturday 6 February 2016

5 in 5 - MELANIE - February 2016

Melanie is my friend who lives in Australia and she loves photography.  Every month, since the start, Melanie has taken
part in this monthly meme and we managed to find a way round
her not having a blog by posting here.
I love that we have found a way for her to take part! 
So, over to you Melanie:


February 5 in 5 was fast approaching and I began to scratch my head as to what my subject area would be this month.  I didn’t have to scratch for long as the annual Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures Exhibition begun last week and I drive or walk pass it almost every day.  Today I did a walk pass it and knew exactly what my subject the exhibit called ‘Lionhearted’.  This lion sculpture is made out of all sorts of metal junk, spanners, nuts, bolts chains you name it is probably there.  The piece features in the winners list as it got ‘Young Artist, Highly Commendation.  You can take a look at all the winners using the following link.


Here are my photos taken of the lion.  Hope you enjoy them.




 
Isn't this sculpture amazing?!  Thank you for sharing here Melanie, I love sculpture, and the use of upcycled materials always has extra appeal for me. How nice to have an annual exhibition like this on your doorstep.  

If this has inspired you to pick up your camera and take part in
this challenge you have until 25th before this months link closes.


  It's great fun and you can see more posts and link up here.  
And if you want to know more 5in5 this post should answer any
questions and give other information that you need.

Hopefully Melanie will be back next month and I hope you will join us. Thank you for popping by, it is great to have your company!
         

3 comments:

  1. That is a remarkable sculpture. A good bit of recycling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic sculpture - thank you Melanie for sharing it - shame I can't just pop over to see it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for this fabulous post... what a brilliant sculpture and recycled project - almost steampunk I guess... love it - thanks for sharing the photos.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...