Tuesday 5 January 2016

5 in 5 - January 2016 - STARTING AS I MEAN TO GO ON, COVERED IN PAINT!


Welcome to '5 in 5' where on the 5th of
each month I post 5 photos that I have
taken in 5 minutes. 


Hello and welcome to the first '5 in 5' post in 2016!  My year has trickled in rather than thundering. A cold left me muzzy headed and without energy but I'm pleased to say I am feeling a bit more connected today and that goes for technology too.  A new computer arrived yesterday and my son kindly came over after work to set it up. I've not tried it yet but 2016 is starting to look on the up!

Yesterday, I grabbed my camera and went out into the garden. It looked lovely with rain drops on leaves and flowers, and I set the timer and shot away.  But afterwards I decided not to use these for my '5 in 5' as the photos are similar to a recent post, where I visited a local garden and saw daffodils in December.  So instead, I decided to take some more photos this morning. Which is why I am later posting this than planned.

Have you heard of Wanderlust?  It is a new online course that started on 1st Jan. I'm glad I signed up as it promises to be really exciting and I have decided that my focus for my year will be to start and finish!  There are 2 main prompts/lessons each month and I finally mustered enough energy yesterday to complete my first project - an art journal page using a word that sums up how I feel this day. So, let me show you, but first my messy table... 


Before starting on my page I always put a large sheet of paper undrneath. This not only protects the  workspace but also gives me another piece to work on. Just look at this wonderful relief!



As well as paint I used grunge paste to create a texture. I like using things I have around the house for stencils.




And here is my completed page.  I want to do more art journalling this year, so I am off to a good start. I was pleased with how the different layers show through, especially the music paper I used underneath. I don't know why the photo shows pink tinted but lighting is difficult this time of year.






As you can see, I was feeling slow. That's okay. It's winter here and that's the time to feel dormant. It's also a reminder for me to slow down and not take on so much this year. To do less, so that I can do more. This will be my mantra and it feels like a good start.



                           *****************



If this inspires you to pick up your camera and share some of your photos I would be truely excited!  All it takes is five minutes, and to follow the challenge this is what you do:
 
  1.  Choose a location.

2.  Have your camera ready.

3.  Set a timer for 5 minutes (I use my mobile phone).

4.  Take as many photos you can until the time is up.

5.  Choose 5 photos to download and share by using the link tool below. 


   Please note: 

You have until the 25th of the month to add your photos to the link
and you can take  your photos any time. They do not have to be taken or posted on 5th!
If you'd like more details please go here.

Thank you to Helena, Joy, Melanie, Maggie, Eileen and Juliet for posting in December and joining in. Doing something together makes it all the more fun and I'd love for you to join in too. Just link your post below and I'll be straight over to see your photos! 

Thanks for visiting!  



7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling more 'you'. Here's to more energy in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a busy morning. I like the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those textures in your 'slow' piece :). The rusty look really underscores your word - a good one for 2016 and looking forward to seeing hoe it develops for you .. Hoping you enjoy your new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow is good. Slow is very good. In fact I'd say this page deserves to be framed..what a great reminder to look at every day it would be. AND it is the most beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page. Yes slow is good! I want to try art journaling this year, maybe I should have a look at that class. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so much fun! I'm jealous.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos, beautiful page, and a great word---one I would never think of, but might have to consider next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...