Sunday 4 November 2012

TOTES INSPIRED

I am still buzzing. ..

Yesterday I visited a Book Fair at a local art studio.  Now, I would not have taken notice as my house is bursting with books, and actually I am trying to re-home many of them.  

But then my friend said ‘hand made’. 

And what I saw blew me away... local talent that I didn't know existed.  I had a wonderful afternoon and got to know some of the artists, shared ideas and learned more about their work.  And I have been invited to have a stand at the next Fair to exhibit my own books and albums!  Another door opens, and I am so excited!




And last week I went to a local craft shop where Andy Skinner was doing demonstrations. I could have stayed all day!  Rather than set workshops Andy just rolled from technique to technique, asking if anyone wanted to know anything in particular. It was very informal and relaxed and my head was spinning with all the ideas and notes I was taking.  Andy offers online tutorials and workshops so if you are interested in a Book of Secrets, like this one, check out his website.  



November is certainly proving to be a fun-filled month! I am looking forward my Belstead retreat 23rd to 25th, and next weekend is my monthly crop.  

And sandwiched inbetween,  on 16th to 18th is Jennifer's ‘Frosty 
Festivities’. Over that weekend there will be posts every hour 
from 4pm-10pm Friday, and 10am-10pm Saturday and Sunday (GMT), 
all on the theme of 'Winter' including tips, tutorials, challenges, crafts, a blog hop, and lots of giveaways.  So why not check it out and join in the November fun!  


7 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous opportunity, good for you :) And the demos sound amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the introduction to the very talented Andy Skinner. His journals are gorgeous. I'm inspired to go alter a book.

    Have a creative month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that is so inspiring! I am longing to make a handmade book myself - your enthusiasm is infectious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book looks great. I taught a kids workshop on making books, and they always designed fantastic covers!

    Thanks so much for blogging about the event, I shall look forward to 'seeing' you at the weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie, coming from Morning Dewdrops; you left a message about the ATCs and wanted to come see your blog and say thanks; yes can't wait to get my card swap too -- Like this post; altered books!!, love them and all this metal stuff too. Blessings Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! That book is stunning, no wonder you were inspired! Thanks for popping by my blog as part of the hop, I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so jealous when you told me at the weekend that you'd attended an Andy Skinner workshop as this has been on my wishlist for a while. Your book looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...