Monday 2 July 2012

CREATIVITY BOUQUET

I have been looking forward to this weekend with friends, 'MESSING ABOUT ON THE RIVER'.  Moira has a way of creating something spectacular out of nothing.  Take our dining table for example.  She turned this bland space into somewhere we wanted to sit and spend time, using flowers picked from the lane and her freshly laundered bed sheet.    
And she also arrived with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, picked from her garden.  They sat on our workspace this weekend, adding something special.
We stayed in a small village that leads nowhere.  Because the road becomes a slipway, straight into the river, and consequently it isn't somewhere you pass through.  It's somewhere you drive to.  And the thing that struck me was how everyone we met seemed so at ease, so relaxed.  I said this to one of the staff who looked after us during our stay.  He replied "that's what happens when you get to the end of the road".
And in the pub, where we went for an evening meal, I had the surprise of meeting the  garage owner who has looked after our cars for as long as I can remember.  So we chatted about how we each came to be here, and I learnt he moved there 2 years ago and loves the quieter life.  When he heard that I'd been taking photos he seemed really interested, saying he wants some local prints for his home.  And so he asked to see them, suggested we could do an exchange, photos for work on my car.  I felt really touched that he should be interested in my work and consider it worth putting in his home.  And others too, made us feel welcomed and part of something good and positive.  
And when we packed to go home Moira offered the flowers to me, to take home.  How could I refuse?  I had admired them all weekend!  
And when Jessica suggested this morning that I find or create a personal creativity bouquet to show how I feel RIGHT NOW, I knew straight away what it looks like:


Because I feel energised and uplifted by my weekend away.  
I had suggested my husband and son had their own weekend away in the camper and they too came back full of stories and having enjoyed their time together.  And to complete my weekend, my daughter and I had a long and unexpected drive out in the evening, just the two of us.  Time to catch up and plan our holiday..... 
So yes, I am blooming, alive and thriving!  And loving that I have a day off work to finish unpacking and to spend creatively.  
I love reading other peoples stories on Sian's Storytelling Sunday, so this month I am linking in.  And I am also planning some special time as The Artists Way Bookclub run by Jessica has kicked off today.  A whole year of creativity and meeting up with others.  I have had this book for years so to be able to work through it with others is really exciting.  Follow Jessica's link above if you want to find out more.  You can sign up  until the end of July.  
Happy Monday!






13 comments:

  1. This sounds such a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great weekend! Back now to stripping the floor - and it's not going well. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a great relaxing weekend. Back to stripping the floor and it's not going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos and your inspiring description clearly show a lovely, lovely weekend ... Aren't coincidences wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a wonderfully relaxing weekend - I love the frame around your photos too. And aren't coincidences great?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely time you all had. It's wonderful when you get to spend time with friends and be creative. And your husband and son benefited too. A lovely bunch of photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely weekend :) and all the flowers are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a beautiful place to craft together. Thanks for sharing. The comment about the 'end of the road' is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a lovely weekend it was Sandie. Thank you SO much. you worked so hard at making it truly relaxing, creative and inspiring! I was thrilled to see my flowrers here...AND my bedsheet....how else do you prepare a table for dinner?! I LOVE sharing my garden with as many people as I can and delight in taking big bunches to friends and selling them locally.
    Thanks again....I was too harried when I got home with coping with 'busoiness stuff' so it is has made me smile to re-live our super weekend. I shall get round to posting soon I hope. Moira xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sounds idyllic I want to go there and chillax now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds as though you had a lovely weekend...and what pretty flowers!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. not surprised you are blooming and everything around you is following... LOTS of lovely moments to treasure :)
    Thankyou so much Sandy for sharing your beautiful story of your Dad...how wonderful it is to realise I have not been alone in this magical moment. Huge hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truly a story to prolong my holiday mood! Thank you. A bunch of fresh flowers is just what I needed to see right now in the middle of my holiday laundry :) very refreshing! A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...